The highlights of the new 7 Series are
- New full-LED headlights, a prominent BMW kidney grille and a modified front apron define the unmistakable appearance of the new BMW 7 Series range.
- New to the cockpit are the multifunctional instrument display allowing the driver to select a variety of information and the central Control Display with 3D graphics. New Rear Seat Entertainment package.
- New and upgraded engine variants raise the bar in terms of output and efficiency. Eight-speed automatic transmission is fitted as standard. Fuel savings of up to 25 per cent are possible.
- Engine line-up ranges from a TwinPower Turbo diesel unit that holds the title of the world’s most powerful straight-six diesel engine to the second-generation BMW ActiveHybrid 7.
- Advanced features such as coasting mode, proactive hybrid technology and the Driving Experience Control switch with ECO PRO mode enhance both driving comfort and efficiency.
- Optimised chassis – with self-levelling air suspension at the rear axle – gives long-distance comfort a noticeable boost.
- New Connected Drive highlights: latest-generation Professional navigation system, BMW Night Vision + Dynamic Light Spot, anti-dazzle LED High-Beam Assistant, BMW Parking Assistant, Driver Assistant Plus, Active Protection.
Alongside the flagship BMW 760i with its 12-cylinder powerplant and the entry-level engine in the BMW 730i (not available in all markets), customers can choose from the new six-cylinder in-line engine powering the BMW 740i and the revised V8 petrol engine earmarked for the BMW 750i. The six-cylinder diesel engines in the BMW 730d and BMW 740d likewise offer drivers the combination of increased output and lower fuel consumption. Making its debut, meanwhile, is the new BMW 750d xDrive. Under its bonnet lies the new TwinPower Turbo six-cylinder diesel engine – the world’s most powerful diesel engine of its kind. Rounding off the range is the second-generation BMW ActiveHybrid 7 with a new six-cylinder in-line engine and significantly reduced emissions.
Developing story, come back for updated information.
Do check out the BMW 7 Series design story that we will be putting up soon.