Mahindra 2 Wheelers, a part of the US $ 14.4 billion Mahindra Group, has launched the Mahindra Duro 125 DZ – a tough, powerful, fuel efficient 125 cc scooter, designed specifically for the challenging Indian roads – in Hyderabad.
It is, the Mahindra 125 DX that we recently reviewed. Mahindra Two Wheelers has decided to call the facelifted Duro the DZ now. Launched today at Hyderabad for an ex-showroom price of Rs. 44,640 (Andhra Pradesh) Mahindra is counting on the Duro DZ to continue to strengthen M2W’s presence in the scooter market.
The ex- showroom prices announced are: Andhra Pradesh – Rs 44,640/-, Kerala – Rs 44,908/-, Tamil Nadu – Rs. 45,235/ and Karnataka – Rs. 44,760/-, respectively.
The Tamil Nadu ex showroom price has risen by just Rs. 1214 , which does seem to be fair considering the additions in the Duro DZ.
Straight from the press release, a refresher on the good things about the Duro
The new Mahindra Duro DZ comes loaded with:
- A superior, powerful 125 cc engine which provides better instant pick-up and multi-terrain acceleration, making it easier for you to carry loads, even on steep inclines and in tough road conditions.
- Dual Curve Digital ignition system which delivers a mileage superior to other 125 cc scooters
- Advanced Telescopic Suspension which ensures a smooth ride on the toughest terrain.
- Superior ground clearance which enables manoeuvrability over speed breakers and rough roads with ease and comfort.
- Long wheelbase and improved braking system offering better safety & stability on the road.
- A broad halogen lamp to provide wider range and depth in visibility.
- An under seat storage capacity of 20L, one of the largest in its segment in addition to built in front storage.
- Rear Brake lock lever for safety & parking on inclines
You can read our review of the Mahindra Duro DZ here.